We thought it would be fun to share some of the Honey & Lavender Team’s favorite most romantic restaurants in the DMV this week!
- Barcelona Wine Bar – With multiple locations across the United States and the DMV, this restaurant is popular among tourists and locals. The food is centered around Mediterranean and Spanish influenced dishes with many tapas dishes. The charcuterie and cheese offering pair perfectly with any of the tapas and drink menu. The wine list is extensive with many different styles of wine. The service and energy both inside and outside is fantastic. There is also a great brunch menu!
- Iron Gate – Is a Mediterranean restaurant in Dupont Circle. They currently offer patio reservations and also have weekend brunch. There are two options to purchase food: family style and then also a 3-course style meal. A fun aspect of this restaurant is that the menu changes a fair amount depending on the season and the availability of local produce. The ricotta gnocchi is delicious as well as the sweet potato fritters.
- Del Mar – Located at the Wharf is the perfect place for a date right on the water. The Spanish seafood menu is filled with different tapas offerings and the drink menu is fabulous. The food and the view are what really sets this place apart, you don’t even feel like you are in DC. The paella is great as well as the seafood tower, and the churros are awesome to conclude the meal with.
- The Red Hen – Is located in lovely Bloomingdale and is an Italian-influenced American restaurant. The mood of the space is very rustic and intimate. Any of the pasta dishes will satisfy your cravings and the cocktails are very delightful. The size of the restaurant is somewhat small, so be sure to make a reservation as many people have this as their favorite place in DC. One thing that not many people know about is the Red Hen’s awesome catering services that can work with any type of event! Just a side note- there is only indoor seating offered here!
- Oak Steak House – Located in in Alexandria, it is a contemporary farm-to-table restaurant. All products are locally sourced and the steaks are Certified Angus Beef. The design of the space brings in warmth with a rustic feel. The dining experience is very inviting with an open kitchen. There is indoor seating, private indoor dining, and a patio that can seat 36 guests. Everything on the menu is phenomenal and the wine list is impressive. There are also items on the menu that pescaterians and vegetarians will enjoy like the shrimp and the salads, along with many side dishes.
- Rose’s Luxury – Is a gorgeous eclectic American restaurant in Capitol Hill with lighting that will make for a perfect date. The menu is short and sweet to decide between a variety of different dishes that are influenced by different cultures. Anyone with a special diet or food restriction can eat here! The biggest tip for this exciting experience is to get there as early as possible because they do not take reservations and tables fill up quickly, but with the current pandemic they do have reservations for health and safety purposes. Rose’s is also passionate about alleviating food insecurity and donates to different charities.