Tommy and I didn’t have an engagement shoot per se when we got engaged in 2010. For an afternoon we walked around our DC neighborhood at the time, Navy Yard, and my brother took various photos of us on a condo rooftop and around Yards Park.
Personally, I love a good photo shoot, and am thrilled when couples decide to do engagement photos! Over the years I’ve kept a running list of my top favorite places for others to take their engagement photos. Here are five of them.
Here they are!
- The Lincoln Memorial – an iconic D.C. staple. What is not to love about this famous memorial?
- Yards Park – I may be a little biased, but here me out – you have so many great options for photos here – the waterfall, the backdrop of so many great restaurants. the Anacostia River, the baseball stadium, you name it.
- Union Market – There are so many great spots here – the vibrant and colorful art and the hustle and bustle of the market itself.
- The beautiful gardens of Tudor Place in Georgetown – this historic home is set amongst lovely gardens of flowers and greenery. It’s so easy to get lost on the grounds for hours and hours as you hear birds chirping and you stumble across quaint hidden areas to catch a moment to think or a quick kiss!
- The fountain and park at Dupont Circle – another one of my old neighbors and favorite places in the city for people watching, eating delicious food, and sipping on a beverage!
Need more ideas? Let me know!