To say my family and I enjoyed our Christmas holiday trip to Sicily is an understatement. The people, the food, the wine, the culture, the beautiful architecture and landscape (city and countryside) were beyond amazing.
As we walked the streets of Palermo, the capital of city, I envisioned what I would do if I lived in this wonderful city. Well, hosting al fresco dinner parties would be a no-brainer. You can’t beat the weather in Sicily.
Everything you need for a dinner gathering is right at your fingertips. Simply go to a local street market. There you will find among other things:
- A vibrant and stunning piece of fabric for your tablecloth.
- All the olives and spices you can ever dream of.
- A plentiful assortment of nuts.
- All the seafood you can imagine.
- Fresh fruit, including lemons, to be used for cooking or as centerpieces.
- And of course, wine.