How is it that the holiday season is upon us with Thanksgiving in 2 weeks and then it’s December and the mad rush begins?! I wanted to share a few holiday party ideas for folks that have kiddos in their lives. The best part is, all of these party ideas can be as easy or as complicated as you want!
- Decorate Christmas/Holiday Cookies or Cupcakes – invite the gang over to decorate cookies or cupcakes. To really lighten your load buy pre-made sugar cookies or make cupcakes from a mix. Make sure you have several colors of icing and sprinkles to decorate with. If you want to go the extra mile, have an easy, but tasty food and drink available for people to enjoy as they decorate. The cherry on top? The cookies or cupcakes can be the party favor.
- Decorate Christmas Ornaments – One of my favorite childhood memories are of my mom and friends decorating Christmas ornaments that I still have to this day! Go to Michael’s or any craft store and buy a few ornament kits for kids of appropriate ages to enjoy making. Throw in some food and drinks and you’re golden. The cherry on top? The ornaments can be the party favor.
- White Elephant Gift Exchange – Have kids bring a unisex present totaling no more than $10. Serve some kid-friendly food and drinks – hot dogs, hamburgers, milk, and juice – and let the fun gift-exchanging begin. (Be mindful that this game will take some adult supervision, explaining, and demonstrating). Each kid will leave happy and with a gift.
- The Meaning of the Holidays – teach your kiddos the meaning of the season. Tie a gathering or party around a charity to support like Friendsgiving for No Kid Hungry or collecting canned goods or other necessary items for a nonprofit or church or decorating holiday cards and delivering them to a nursing home or hospital.
- Gingerbread House Decorating – Buy some cheap and easy Gingerbread House decorating kits and let kids explore their creative and architectural skills! The favors will be their very own gingerbread houses to proudly display. If you want to go the extra mile, have a festive candy bar with a wide array of different sweet treats for people to snack on as they decorate.